Roundtable on IDPD 2016
To express its solidarity with the UN International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD) 2016, the Institute of Hazrat Mohammad SAW will be holding a Roundtable discussion on December 3, 2016 at the Institute’s Board Room from 10:00AM to 1:00PM. To raise the level of awareness on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the event is titled “SDG Goal 8: Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work for all.”
Mr. Monsur Ahmed Choudhuri, Former Member, UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities from Bangladesh and a visually impaired development practitioner has kindly consented to be the Honorable Chief Guest. Barrister Rizwana Yusuf, Director Administration and a Human Rights Activist will discuss the Initiatives taken by the Bangladesh Government towards building a more inclusive society. Barrister Seema Iqbal, the first visually impaired Barrister in Bangladesh will highlight the Legal Rights of Persons with Disability in Bangladesh. A tentative list of participants is given below.
· Mr. Monsur Ahmed Choudhuri, Former Member, UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities from Bangladesh and a visually impaired development practitioner.
· Barrister Rizwana Yusuf, Director Administration, Institute of Hazrat Mohammad SAW
· Ms. Farzana Taleb, a visually impaired IT trainer
· Barrister Seema Iqbal, certified IELTS Trainer and the first visually impaired Barrister in Bangladesh
· Ms. Tamanna Tithi, visually impaired Law student
· Ms. Shaila Simi, Autism Consultant
· Ms. Israt Jahan, Web Developer
· Ms. Tanjena Ahsan, Rights activist
· Ms. Nuvana Naima Haque, a visually impaired musician
· Ms. Asheka E Pir Hashmi, Early Childhood Development Specialist
· Mr. Panna Morshed, Journalist
· Barrister Reazul Karim, Legal Practitioner
· Mr. SM Fardoush Alam, Executive Member of Bangladesh Visually Impaired Peoples Society (BVIPS)
· Ms. Tanim Laila, Director Economics Division of the Institute of Hazrat Mohammad SAW
· Visually Impaired students of the Institute of Hazrat Mohammad SAW.